Holiday Bookings Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of 20% of the total price is payable when booking. This deposit is non - refundable in the event of any cancellation notification. The deposit can be paid by either Credit card, bank transfer in our UK or Spanish account or by Sterling cheque.
- We reserve the right to re-let the accommodation if the 20% deposit is not paid within 2 weeks of booking. Cancellation notification is required in writing by post or by e-mail and must be either signed by or originate from the same e-mail address as the person who signed the booking form. For those clients who book within eight weeks of their departure date, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- The balance payment becomes due 8 weeks before departure. We reserve the right to re-let the accommodation if the balance has not been paid in full by the agreed date. For cancellation within 8 weeks of departure the client remains liable for the following charges : 42-55 days : 60% 29-41 days : 70% 22-28 days : 90% 0-21 days : 100%
- If our FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN is booked then payment/s can be made at any time providing the deposit of 20% is paid and that the holiday has been paid in full 8 weeks before departure. Any amount of payments can be made within this timeframe. Simply state that you require to pay via our FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN on our booking form. All terms and conditions apply to the FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN.
- In the event of the signed booking form not being submitted with the deposit, the deposit itself indicates the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which form a contract between the agent and the clients in accordance with Spanish law within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Torrox courts of Malaga province. The contract exists from such time as you receive our confirmation and final confirmation.
- The rental period commences from 16.00pm on the day of arrival to 10.00am on the day of departure. Any variation of these times is by prior arrangement only and will be subject to an additional charge. Any arrivals and / or departure outside of these times must be agreed with the Team Star Rentals.
- The clients are responsible for all keys whilst they are in their possession and for their safe return to the agent. Loss of any keys while in your charge will incur a € 50.00 replacement charge.
- Some of our properties have " key safes fitted ", in which case you will be given your access code to open the " key safe ". At all times when you leave the property the key has to be returned to the " key safe ". In the event of members of Teamstar Holiday Rentals or Teamstar Services needing access, if the keys are not left in the " key safe " a € 30.00 charge will be applied.
- Please note irrespective of method of payment, credit card details are required before the booking can be processed and confirmed. Your details will be held as security to cover against any breakages / damages / loss of times, for the duration of you holiday. The credit card details will be destroyed after your holiday. If a credit card can’t be provided then a separate bank transfer or cash payment of € 400 will have to be made before the start of the holiday. This will be refunded in form of a transfer within 48 hours after your holiday.
- Please note all prices on the booking form are for pre-booked " holiday extras ". In the event of bookings for holiday extras made in resort, then a delivery fee of € 15.00 per item is applied to prices below. Should a " holiday extra " booking be made and subsequently cancelled, a cancellation charge of € 10.00 will be applied. Any holiday extras which have been ordered and subsequently not paid for in resort, will be charged to the holiday maker’s credit card and will incur an administration fee of € 15.00.
- The clients are responsible for the security of the property at all times whilst in possession of keys and for the safe keeping of all items of property within the apartment.
- No pets are permitted in the property at any time.
- All bedding linen and bath towels are provided, beach and pool towels are NOT and must be provided by the clients. Bath towels provided must NOT be used round the pool or at the beach. Please note that in the event that bed linen and or upholstered furnishings ( internal and or external ) become permanently stained as a result of semi permanent cosmetic products like henna tattoos rendering the fabric permanently stained, then the cost of replacement will be borne by the clients
- Should you or any member of your party be responsible for any breakages, loss or damage of any item of the property or additional cleaning has been necessary, a charge will be taken from your security deposit. Please note any breakages will be charged for on a like for like / new purchase price basis plus the time incurred for arrangement. We ask clients to ensure that on their departure, all rubbish has been removed from the property and dishes have been washed and replaced in the cupboards.
- Please ensure the mobile number given is the same number that you can be contacted on in resort. We strongly suggest you check with your mobile phone provider to ensure your tariff / data plan functions correctly overseas.
This is reserved exclusively for the people named on the confirmation and no other persons are permitted to stay at the accommodation unless this has been agreed with us in writing and appropriate payments made ( if applicable ).
The occupants of the booked property must agree as detailed on the booking form. Under no circumstances must the occupancy exceed the number of guests listed on the booking form. Failure to comply with this may result in eviction from the property.
All of our villas and apartments are privately owned and are furnished to the owners taste. Inevitably the standard and style will vary considerably from property to property and although we do endeavor to give accurate descriptions, occasionally interiors / surroundings may differ from photos supplied. Please note that, ancillary items like washing up bowls, cutlery drainers, bath mats etc. may or may not be included. In the event that they are not included the company is not responsible for supplying these.
Our obligations and liability
The accommodation featured in Teamstar Holiday Rentals programme is privately owned and we act as letting agents for and on behalf of the owners of the property. The renting terms and conditions have been acknowledged and agreed by the owner. We have inspected every property first hand to ensure that all the information provided in both our web site and printed matter is correct and accurate.
In addition we will use our best endeavours to inform holiday makers of any changes, wherever possible, before arrival in resort. However any changes made to the property's inventory is the responsibility of the owner and we can only accept responsibility if a complaint results from the negligent acts and/or omissions of our own employees or agents, whilst acting in the course of their employment. If a holiday maker´s complaint refers to an obligation of the owner of the accommodation, the company will act as an intermediary and will commit to do the best in finding an acceptable solution.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any break down in services, such as gas, electricity and water, or any failure attributable to the holiday maker or party member or the actions of third parties unconnected with the provision of services or reasons of force majeur. Neither can the company accept responsibility in the event of death, bodily injury or illness, which should in all cases be covered by travel insurance.
All holiday makers 16 years and over are required by law to register with Teamstar Holiday Rentals the following information prior to arrival in Spain:-
Passport number and or identity card, issue date, first and surname, sex, date of birth, country of birth, nationality and arrival date in Spain. This is a governmental obligation and mandatory and forwarded to the authorities. Teamstar Holiday Rentals accept no financial penalty for non compliance of this requirement and any fine that may be applied as a result of Teamstar Holiday Rentals not being in receipt of this information will be forwarded to the holidaymakers in question.
All Teamstar properties are non-smoking properties.
Any special requests must be put to us in writing at time of booking and whilst we will make every effort to adhere to your requests, however we cannot guarantee that we will always be successful. Please advise our reservations staff of any special requirements particularly as it relates to anyone in the party who might have any special requirements / needs. The geography and terrain of Nerja and surrounding areas tend to be hilly with many properties accessed by steps. Inland properties can be located close to mountainous regions which might be inappropriate for wheelchairs users or for holiday makers with walking and mobility difficulties.
TV / Satellite TV
On booking the property you will have been informed what TV / Satellite system is installed in your property. Please do not attempt to retune the satellite TV's as this will incur the expense of a technician having to attend the property to sort out any problems.
What is and what isn´t included in the inventory
General cleaning material like dish washing liquid, detergent and products like cleaning wipes are not included, however toilet role, tea towels, bath towels, hand towels and bedding are included. The quantity of toilet roles may not be sufficient for the holiday duration. The quantity is designed to avoid inconvenience to the start of the holiday.
" Bathroom " in the property description could be bathroom or shower room. All baths have a shower attachment.
Villa maintenance / interruptions
Swimming pools and gardens are maintained regularly. From time to time routine maintenance repairs have to be carried out. Nearby building works can sometimes be a problem and we can only give assurance in this regard at the time of booking and cannot accept responsibility should activity commence without notice. In rural settings it is not unusual to hear cocks crow, dogs howl or even encounter the odd rodent.
Should public supplies fail, such as water and electricity, or plumbing systems and mechanical equipment fail, we can accept no liability ( as detailed above ), but will do our utmost to rectify any problems as swiftly as possible.
Offering the highest levels of customer service is very important to us. Wherever possible we will do our utmost to ensure you have a hassle free holiday.
Our office is open from Monday to Friday 10:00hrs to 19:00hrs, Saturday 10:00hrs to 14:00hrs. In the event of needing to contact us in the first instance please call into our office or call us on the office number during office hours.
A 24/7 emergency telephone number will be provided on your property key ring as well as in the information folder in the property. In the event of a genuine emergency or unforeseen circumstances that require assistance, then this number must be called. If this number is not called and a subsequent issue occurs necessitating reimbursement, no monies will be returned. Please note this facility is used for the express purposes of an emergency.
A € 30.00 euro charge will be made, for calls made to our 24/7 emergency help line between the hours of midnight and 08:00hrs, which are not genuine emergencies. Additional charges may also apply, if solving or rectifying the problem could have been undertaken during office hours or the following day.
Whilst our " in resort " representatives are available to support and assist our holiday makers. We would ask holiday makers to ensure that the nature of their calls are reasonable and that they have used their best endeavors to rectify / solve the situation before calling. In the event our customer service team are called out and can simply rectify the problem themselves with ease then we reserve the right to apply a charge of €15.00 per call out.
It is inevitable that most resorts will expand and building work is occasionally unavoidable. Local authorities may grant permission to build / alter properties and roads without notice. Unfortunately such developments are beyond our control, however if we are made aware of the situation and we consider it will significantly affect your holiday, we will advise you if possible.
Alterations by us
In the unlikely event of us having to alter your holiday due to circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to do so. We recognize that our reputation is dependent on our providing smooth running and problem free arrangements on all aspects of your holiday and every effort will be made to keep any resultant disruption to a minimum. If the property you have rented is withdrawn from our programme for whatever reason, we will offer you an alternative property with a refund of any difference if applicable. If we are unable to offer you an alternative property we will refund the cost of the villa rental. We will not be responsible for costs of flights and car hire that may have been booked in conjunction with the reservation.
If a taxi is booked either to or from the airport to your accommodation or vice versa or any other type of transportation then the following will apply:
- In the event of a no show the full payment will still be charged and no refund will be available.
- In the event of a cancellation and providing that notice of cancellation of at least one hour prior to the agreed pick up time is given then a € 15.00 euro cancellation charge will be applied. Notification within 1 hour of pick up time will incur the full charge.
If a personal check has been booked then the following will apply:
- Please remember to call your personal check-in contact telephone number when you leave Malaga airport.
- In the event your flight departure is delayed by more than 40 minutes, or your chosen mode of transport is delayed by more than 40 minutes then please call your emergency number to inform our personal check-in team before you leave your airport or point of origin.
- In the event of unforeseen delays " en route " which delays your arrival time by at least 40 minutes please telephone your personal check-in contact telephone number.
- In the event you do not inform our personal check-in team of a delay by more than 40 minutes then an additional charge of € 15.00 euros will be made to the check-in service charge.
We have the right to refuse reservations for parties of 4 or more persons of the same sex.
For bookings that take place between 1st October and 30 April, in properties that have coin operated a/c heating, the purchase or use of additional cooling and or heating devices are not permitted without prior agreement from the owner. If additional heating or cooling is required, then tenants must contact Teamstar Holiday Rentals, who in turn will use their best endeavour’s to seek approval from the owner to purchase additional equipment. If tenants choose not to request permission from Teamstar Holiday Rentals / the owner, then any additional cost of electricity or gas ( where applicable ) over and above the cost of normal winter consumption as a result of the use of additional heating / cooling devices, will be charged to the tenants.
If you have a complaint
In the unlikely event of a complaint you must follow this procedure.
- Contact us as soon as possible with full details of any problems.
- Reasonable time should be allowed for us to act upon/rectify any complaint. Please be aware that the service of plumbers / electricians etc can take longer to materialize in foreign countries.
- On your return home you must put your complaint in writing to us within 21 days of your return date. We cannot accept responsibility for damage, loss or disappointment arising from complaints that we were not given reasonable opportunity to rectify, or of which we were not notified in accordance with this clause.
- In the event of any dispute Teamstar Holiday Rentals have the right to take action in the law courts of Spain.
Please be advised that your e-mail and personal information are incorporated into an automated file which is the responsibility of Team España 2003, S.L. in order to facilitate the administrative and communication with related persons. This data will not be disclosed to third parties. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by writing to Team España 2003, S.L. in Calle Carabeo 77 bajo, 29780 Nerja MÁLAGA
Owners are advised to take advice on their taxes from a qualified tax accountant or consultant. Teamstar Holiday Rentals does not advise on taxation.